Mid Atlantic Bio Angels (MABA) consists of individual angel investors interested in financing privately held companies or ventures typically in an early stage of development. Please review the following description of the relationship between MABA and its Members and, if you wish to become a Member, so indicate below:
What you can expect MABA to provide you as a Member:
If you agree to the requirements of membership, you will be placed on our mailing list and will be given access to the “members only” section of our website. You will get invitations and access to all MABA membership meetings. Since most of our members are experienced in one or more aspects of the life sciences, this means you will have the opportunity to interact with sophisticated, savvy life science angels. In addition, you will get access to deal flow, as well as due diligence information for deals in which you have expressed an interest. You can also view whatever other information we may share or may reside on our site in the future.
What MABA requires from you:
1. You will treat as confidential all information provided by applicants or presenting companies to the group, all discussions among the group, and all due diligence information generated by our Members or shared with us by other angel groups, as well as the identity of the other Members.
2. You agree to disclose to the group any relationship you have or may have with a presenting company, including any personal gain you may receive.
3. You agree not to solicit presenting companies for the purpose of obtaining paid engagements for business, consulting or professional services.
4. By becoming a Member of MABA, you are confirming that you are an accredited investor (as defined by the SEC). You understand that you must conduct your own analysis and due diligence to determine the appropriateness of any investment you make in any company to which you are introduced through MABA. MABA does not conduct any investigation to verify the factual information submitted to potential investors by individual entrepreneurs. Hence, MABA makes no representations or warranties regarding these companies. Neither MABA nor its representatives or agents are responsible or liable for any investment decision you make as a result of being a Member of MABA
5. You understand that MABA has executed an agreement with other angel groups (the “Agreement for Cooperation and Due Diligence Sharing”, available at http://angeltreaty.com/join-treaty/) that allows each group to share its due diligence with the others without the risk of being held liable for the information that is provided. All signatory groups require their members to be aware of this agreement and acknowledge it. By signing this agreement, you confirm that you have read, understand and agree to honor the provisions of that agreement.
6. You understand that, even though we have in place a $1,000 per year membership fee structure, MABA is more interested in having you be an “active” life science investor. To us, â€œactiveâ€ means that you invest at least $25,000 per year in life science companies (whether through MABA or other angel groups). You confirm that you are an “active” life science investor. You acknowledge that, to preserve the integrity of the group, on rare occasions we may ask you to substantiate your investment activity in life sciences or else to pay the membership fee.
7. You acknowledge that MABA retains the absolute right to deny your involvement in the group, at any time and on any grounds (including for failure to verify your active status or pay the fee, if required).
“You” refers to you as a user of bioangels.net, any party authorized to act on your behalf, your company, partner, or any party you are representing or acting on behalf of, on bioangels.net.
You represent that you are at least 18 years old and have provided and will continue to provide accurate and correct information to bioangels.net. You represent that you have full authority to enter into this agreement and perform its terms. You warrant that each action you make is being done so in good faith and that you have no knowledge of it infringing upon or conflicting with the legal rights of any third parties.
Although bioangels.net strives to update and keep accurate as much as possible the content contained on this Website, errors and/or omissions may occur. The content contained in bioangels.net or which may be downloaded from bioangels.net is provided “as is” and “as available”. As such, bioangels.net makes no warranty or representation regarding the quality, accuracy or completeness of such content and expressly disclaims liability for errors and/or omissions in said content. bioangels.net may fix and correct typographical and unintentional errors at any time. If you have any concerns with the content on bioangels.net, please contact us.
All messages, responses, and other communication between you and bioangels.net, including but not limited to e-mails, voicemails, and webpages are confidential and/or subject to copyrights. You agree to take all reasonable steps to protect this confidential information and shall not copy, distribute, share, or make public, any information from bioangels.net without prior written permission from bioangels.net.
Limitation of Liability
This Website shall not be liable under any circumstances to you or any other person for indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary or punitive damages, including loss of profit or goodwill, for any matter, whether such liability is asserted on the basis of contract, tort (including but not limited to negligence), breach of warranties, either expressed or implied. In the event that any state/province/country does not permit this broad exclusion or limitation on liability for damages as contained herein, or if the broad exclusion is invalidated in whole or in part for any reason, this Website’s liability is limited to the full extent that is permitted by law. You agree that in no event shall this Website’s maximum aggregate liability exceed one hundred US dollars ($100 USD).
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless this Website and its owners, operators, parents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns, attorneys, contractors, agents, employees, officers, directors, shareholders, and affiliates from any loss, liability, damages or expense, including reasonable legal fees, resulting from any third party claim, action, proceeding or demand related to your use (including your agents, affiliates, or anyone acting on your behalf) of this Website.
Venue and Choice of Law
This agreement is subject to the laws of Boston, MA, United States. You agree to waive questions of jurisdiction and all disputes brought by you shall be in the courts of Boston, MA, United States. Prior to resorting to litigation, you agree to attempt to resolve any dispute by binding arbitration in accordance with the laws of the state of Massachusetts. The place of arbitration shall be Boston, MA. The language of the arbitration shall be English.
This Website is not liable for failure to perform its obligations if such failure is as a result of Acts of God (including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane or other natural disaster), war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalization, government sanction, blockage, embargo, labor dispute, strike, lockout or interruption or failure of electricity, internet or telephone service.
If any provision of this agreement shall be held to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the validity, legality, and enforceability of the remaining provisions of this agreement shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby. this Website will amend or replace such provision with one that is valid and enforceable and which achieves, to the extent possible, the original objectives and intent of this Website as reflected in the original provision.
This agreement is binding on you, your heirs, successors and assigns, partners, agents, parent corporations, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees.